Research shows that children's overall screen time has more than doubled since 1999! But this was less likely among children who had parents who could manage their screen time
How often do you hear…?
- Just 10mins more or just one more level?
- But there’s nothing else to do!
- Chill out Mum, the game is not that violent!
- But all the other kids are allowed to..
- Do you feel that your kids spend too much time in front of a screen?
- Do you feel that you have too many battles over screen time?
- Do you worry that this might have a negative effect on their school performance, emotional/social development or general behavior and attitude?
Then you're not alone. In this dynamic workshop we will:
- Talk about hwo to avoide getting screens to dominate our Christmas
- Help you determine how best to manage technology within your own family.
- Explore what is working and what is not working for you right now.
- Support you in creating a balance between screen time and other commitments to family, school and social lives.
- Look at ways that will reduce kids screen time without yelling or losing our temper and encourage them to do something else instead.
- Offer you positive and fun alternative to your child’s current games and screen time
- Talk about, how we can become a positive role model to screen time!!
(This is not a workshop about internet safety)