San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This half day workshop gives an introduction to "Managing Volunteers with Extra Support Needs" - whether those be temporary extra support needs for a long time volunteer or on-going extra support needs for a new volunteer. With the on-going search for volunteers it is important not to exclude potential volunteers when there may be some simple steps you can take to support their volunteering ...so they can support your group/organisation!
By the end of the sessions you will have
- identified different support needs
- recognised the barriers people with extra support needs face when volunteering
- explored how to reduce barriers to aid recruitment & retention
- discussed how to inform all staff/volunteers in a positive manner
- considered strategies to deal with potential hazards
- awareness of the benefits to an organisation of diversifying its volunteer base
Suitable for all volunteers and staff within voluntary/community organisations.
When & Where
Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service supports, promotes and represents local voluntary and community sector organisations, ensuring that they have access to high quality, inclusive services and resources to operate efficiently and effectively creating a vibrant and thriving voluntary and community sector throughout Lincolnshire.