The Cannonball Run UK 2016
This is a timed driving event where entrants will be required to check in at several check points by using any route you like to bring you to the finish point. The first car to cross the finish line will win the jackpot of £10,000 pounds for your-self or to share with whoever is in the car with you IT'S UP TO YOU!!!!!!!!
There are some rules you must adhere to but the rest is up to you (and your common sense, of course) but please for legal reasons we must advise that you obey all of the UK's traffic laws!!
The race start point will be a location in Manchester and from there you will travel around the country via whatever route you wish to get to the first and each checkpoint after that, until you reach the finish line. Once you have paid your Entrance Fee you will receive your Cannonball Race Pack (online, email or Post) with all the details of the start and finish point however, we would be cheating if we gave you the check points too. Don't want to give you too much of a head start.
We have worked out the quickest route and this is a formal record that will be given out at the end of the race and to confirm that the times and overall time is legitimate. An so you can revel or despair in the choices you have made.
You can use any vehicle you like but again there are some rules for this too which are outlined below.
So, if you think your the ultimate navigator or safest speed freak and this is the challenge for you, then apply quick as spaces are limited and we have time to send you all the details and check any information about the race with you.
Rev your engines and away we go, for the first UK Cannonball Run 2016!!!!!!!
- The person who registers MUST be the NAMED DRIVER,
- The NAMED DRIVER MUST be over 18, and
- Hold a current UK Driving License,
- NO more than 4 people (inc. Driver) allowed in the REGISTERED VEHICLE,
- The NEMED DRIVER must be registered by 10/08/2016 to take part,
- The REGISTERED VEHICLE must be registered by 15/08/2016 to take part,
- All drivers must sign a declaration of understanding prior to the event starting.
- Your REGISTERED VEHICLE MUST have a current M.O.T. Test certificate (paper/online),
- Your REGISTERED VEHICLE must be insured to the NAMED DRIVER to take part,
- Your REGISTERED VEHICLE must pass a 9 point road safety check by us before the race
- Your REGISTERED VEHICLE must not be modified by any means other than as manufactured
- Your REGISTERED VEHICLE must not be greater than a 2.5ltr tank size (to ensure fairness)