Welcome to the Launch of The MANHOOD ACADEMY for boys
The MANHOOD ACADEMY for boys is a holistic rites of passage programme based in North London, which will expand to other regions.
Our aim is to support boys to navigate the challenging transition from boyhood to manhood, delivered through a yearlong Rites of Passage program, which we will be launched in October 2016
Come stand with us at our launch event, which is a family and community affair for all ages.
Our programme is for 8 - 12 years old and 13 - 19 years of age.
THIS EVENT IS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!
ON THE DAY:
- Registration and how to enrol your sons on the programme
- Delicious Holistic Healthy Food
- Master Classes
- Good Music
- Various Stalls
- Keynote Speakers
- Surprise Celebrity Guest
Speakers on the day
- Andrew Muhammad
- Brother Hakim
- Carl Hart
- Viv Ahmun
- Julian Hall
1) This is NOT a FREE event - you pay what you want at the door. You can make a free will offering of any amount!
2) About this ticket, We have reached capacity but who knows, on the day people might not turn up, so we have released these tickets for those who want to take a chance. If you choose our 'WILD CARD TICKET' you acknowledge that you might not get access, we suggest you come early - Limited spaces.
What is a Rites of Passage?
Is similar to graduating from school or University. Rites of passage marks the transition from one phase of life to another. By means of practical training over a year, encompassing; workshops,
character building, supervised physical and mental challenges and transformational coaching.
Manhood Academy for boys, will develop various faculties on how to survive and function as men in our society. Upon completing their 12 months training, they will declare and present their growth to family, friends and the community in a graduation ceremony.
"Boys are Born, MEN are Made"
The launch of this programme has been created In conjunction with;-
1) ROPE http://www.rope-ritesofpassage.org/#!about/cjg9
2) KORI www.kori.org.uk
3) New Initiatives http://ritesofpassage.uk.com/
Please visit and support them
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No ID is required, but you will need to submit your name and contact details (optional) at reception, If you have registered through Eventbrite you do not need to do this, just show us your ticket
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is no parking on site
What will take place at this event?
This event and launch is like no other. We will give you a glimpse into how the rites of passage will look. There will be presentations, motivational speeches, entertainment, special guests and much more. This event is all about solutions, not lip service.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Contact Davis J Williams on 07939 39 64 65 or email email@example.com
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?