Following on from two successful market visits to South Africa in 2013, UKTI South West and UKTI West Midlands are joining forces to visit again in 2014.
Businesses are invited to join a market visit to The Republic of South Africa and Zambia being led by UKTI South West in partnership with UKTI West Midlands.
This Market visit will be focusing on the Advanced Engineering sector including Automotive, Aerospace and Marine: all eligible companies are welcome to apply.
The UK is in South Africa’s ‘Premier League’ of trading partners, with an annual bilateral relationship over £9.6bn.
South Africa is the most diverse economy in Africa covering just 3% of the African continent and contributing 25% of its GDP. It is the gateway to other sub-Saharan African markets, is the 53rd most competitive country for ease of Doing Business ranking 41 out of 189.
Zambia is located in the Southern Africa sub-region; Zambia has for the last eight years been registering an economic growth rate of above 5%. In 2012 the real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate was 7.3% while the previous year’s figure was 6.8%. The IMF forecasts that Zambia annual GDP growth rate will average 6.9% between 2011 and 2015.
There is simply no substitute for a personal visit. If you are serious about doing business in these countries you have to go there and meet the people and build contacts.
UK Trade & Investment will offer you support before, during and after the visit. This will include:
- A dedicated market visit leader (ITA) who will be available to you throughout your visit
- The support of UKTI Staff based in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Lusaka
- A tailor made travel package to include your flights, hotel and transfers
- Access to tailor made, in-depth market research to identify contacts in the market appropriate to your business. This will provide you with an itinerary of pre-arranged business appointments and qualified contacts with an interest in your products/services available as part of UKTI’s Overseas Market Introduction Service.
- A pre visit briefing at which we will ensure you are fully briefed about:
- The business culture in South Africa and language differences
- Documentation guidance so that you know what you need when the need arises
- Logistics guidance to help you with getting your goods to market
- Personal security whilst traveling and working abroad
We promise to support you before, during and after your visit to make sure your visit is a success.
Small and Medium sized enterprises will be eligible to join the market visit to South Africa providing it is part of an agreed export strategy.
Companies should contact their local International Trade Adviser to discuss their eligibility for this market visit and to arrange the commissioning of any pre visit OMIS Reports.
Updated programme (subject to change)
Whole group arrives in Johannesburg. Familiarisation day
Briefing Session at UKTI office in the morning. Afternoon will be open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes. 6.00pm Evening Networking Reception at the Trade Commissioner’s official residence in Johannesburg for up to 80 guests/contacts/companies.
Visit splits with a choice of itineraries.
Choice of itinerary either 1) Return flight to visit the Hakskeen Pan, or 2) Day open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes
Wednesday morning flight to Cape Town, rest of the day will be open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programme
Political overview of doing business in South Africa at the British Consulate. Alternatively the day will be open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes
Evening - 19.00 - ‘Networking dinner to include guests who have been identified as appropriate
The day will be open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes - Early evening flight to the UK
Afternoon will be open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes.
Morning will be open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes. Afternoon flight to Zambia. Transport from Lusaka airport to hotel
Morning briefing at the British Consulate. Afternoon networking meetings at the Lusaka Chamber of Commerce 7.30pm - Informal Networking Dinner at the Taj Pamodzi Hotel
The morning is open for companies to conduct their own pre-arranged programmes. Afternoon flight to the UK
- Flights, accommodation and airport transfers can be organised for you: Costs are based on economy flights, Bed and Breakfast hotel rates and transfers
- Overseas Market Introduction Service - (optional) costs will vary depending on the amount of work you require
- £200 +VAT Administration fee - This fee enables us to organise the following: Pre visit briefing, the design and printing of a visit brochure, transfers whilst in the market to group events E.g. networking or B2B events within the market
Next steps: Please register here today
Once you have registered you will need to supply the following:
A head and shoulder photo of yourself for the visit brochure.
A short description of your business (max 100 words)
A short sentance on the purpose of your visit (max. 100 words).
Your website, e-mail and contact details.
If you wish to have your travel arrangements taken care of please contact: Janice at Ian Dickenson Travel T: +44 (0) 131 556 6777, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not with to take advantage of our travel package you will be free to arrange your own travel but will be encouraged to stay in the recommended hotels.
If you wish to travel independantly we can offer you a 20% discount of British Airways flights.*Terms and conditions apply.
If you do not have an ITA please contact Sandra Warne, the visit leader, who will be happy to help.
To take part please register here today.
The closing date for registrations is Friday 3rd October 2014
For further information please contact:
T: 07788 311555
Please note that you must have a UK registered company to take part in a UKTI trade mission.