Actions and Detail Panel
Marketing for Linguists: A practical series of marketing workshops for tran...
Thu 23 February 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Most translators and interpreters are aware that marketing can make a huge difference to their business, but they either don’t know where to start, don’t have much of a budget for marketing and/or just don’t have any time for it. The challenge: without marketing it’s more difficult to get clients, and without clients a business is not sustainable.
The Marketing for Linguists sessions will show you effective ways to market your business and help you put together a basic plan of action. You will learn how to create your brand, compete in a global world and run marketing activities alongside your many other responsibilities.
SESSION 2: COMPETING IN A GLOBAL WORLD
Most linguists today are competing in a global marketplace that is driving fees down. This session will give you practical tools to find your niche, gain visibility within your target audience and focus your go-to-market strategy to find high value clients.
1. The current competitive landscape: main challenges and opportunities.
2. Your customers: real vs ideal, customer journey and behaviour, niches, buyer personas and other things to consider.
3. Marketing basics: Owned, earned and paid media channels, RACE model.
4. ACTIVITY: SWOT/TOWS-based brainstorm to identify channels and the pros and cons of each one for translators and interpreters. Where are the opportunities for your business?
5. ACTION: identify your niche(s) and the best channels for your case.
By the end of the session, you will:
1. Understand the nature of the global market for linguists and how to compete in it.
2. Have a clear idea of who your target audience is and how to reach out to them.
3. Know the channels that best fit your individual needs and skills.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Alba Sort has over 15 years’ experience in global marketing, most recently as Head of International Marketing at DigitasLBi, a global digital marketing agency part of Publicis Groupe. In her career she has covered areas including marketing strategy, branding, digital marketing, marketing performance management and internal and external communications.
These days she runs her own consultancy, delivers marketing workshops and is a marketing lecturer and CIM tutor for the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Professional Marketing. Originally from Barcelona, Alba also offers boutique Spanish translation services to clients requiring marketing, technology and online business expertise. She is also a keen linguist and speaks six languages.
Alba has a Master’s in Marketing Management by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and the IoLET Diploma in Translation (DipTrans). She is a member of both the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Chartered Institute of Linguists. She is on Twitter (@albasort) and can be reached at email@example.com.