San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2014 saw him take the spirit of his music onto a more practical footing with the launch of his "Let Yourself Trust", a not-for-profit organisation which aims to make a small difference out of great love and commitment by challenging injustice wherever it’s found, educating via advocacy, campaigning for human rights, and raising issues that have been forgotten or ignored via fundraising initiatives, thus bringing about greater awareness for beautiful people in powerless situations.
During 2015 Martyn continues to tour extensively, and by his late 2015 tour he will have a new studio album to share with us, his first since 2012's Songs For the Coming Home.
“Springsteen-indebted Americana, suspended folk chords glistening beneath troubadour tales, his lyrical eloquence still inspired almost 30 years on from his debut” MOJO
“One of the most charismatic and electrifying performers in Britain today…tough and passionate” Tom Robinson BBC 6 music
One of acoustic music’s most original voices, and most forward looking of his generation of singer/songwriters” Q Magazine
“Songs of social commentary as much as love, with a rootsy sensibility” Time Out
“Written with craft, performed with passion” Financial Times
“He is one of our most intelligent writers” Bob Harris – BBC Radio 2
Martyn Joseph. A unique talent driven by passion and love for his trade, continues to write, sing and play from the heart. It’s a road he’s been travelling for most of his life and, as he often tells his audience, ‘you keep turning up and so will I.’
The Live At All Hallows team still can't quite believe that Martyn's coming to play for us, seeing as some of us have been following him for most if not all of his thirty-odd years playing live music. In the words of the Church Warden when we told him who we were wanting the church for on 5th December for: "Woo hoo. Fantastic!"
And if you want to make it a full night out, between 6pm and 8pm you will be able to enjoy a lovely main meal and/or a scrummy dessert from the The Real Junk Food Project @ All Hallows. The Real Junk Food Project intercepts food that would otherwise go to waste from supermarkets, restaurants and a number of other sources, and turns it into delicious, nutritious meals for visitors on a pay-as-you-feel donation basis.
Tickets for the gig are £16 in advance, more on the door, and will be available here plus at Live At All Hallows gigs (without booking fee if you buy from us at gigs); tickets will also be available in due course via Jumbo Records.
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.