In this masterclass we will look at two of the key challenges for campaigners. 1. Leading campaigns within your organisation, particularly across a number of different teams. 2. Leading campaigns involving coalitions and movements of other organisations and groups.
Our expert speakers are:
- Claire Hazelgrove - at Friends of the Earth. Claire is a director, campaigner and grassroots organiser with 9 years' experience within the political and non-profit worlds. She has led teams, built networks and created, managed and delivered supporter-focused campaigns online and offline, both at a local and national level in the UK, USA and Canada.
- Tom Baker – Head of Mobilisation at Save the Children UK. Tom was previously head of campaigns and engagement at Bond UK and has also worked for Tearfund, Christian Aid and Micah Challenge International. Tom is one of the co-founders of Campaign Bootcamp and writes the excellent blog Thoughtful Campaigner.
When & Where
Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK)
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) is a unique charity that supports individuals, groups and communities to have the skills and confidence to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them.Our work includes;
- Providing training, coaching and consultancy to help people and organisations develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to campaign effectively.
- Being a voice for campaigners by advocating for the needs and benefits of campaigning, and protecting the space to campaign.
- Bringing campaigners together and celebrating success through our networks, events and annual SMK Campaigner Awards.
For more information please visit on website www.smk.org.uk.