Pinch Point Communications is delighted to offer our first masterclass - Media Training for PR Professionals.
We understand the need to be prepared for the media. We know the vital role PRs play in dealing with the media, for their clients and employers, and their role in preparing clients and employers to take part in interviews.
This masterclass will equip you with knowledge, skills and information to feel more confident in dealing with the media. It will also give you the opportunity for confidential discussion on key issues for your clients, or organisation.
Each masterclass will be limited to a maximum of 12 participants, with two highly experienced trainers, Sarah Pinch Chart. PR FCIPR MIoD and Magnus Carter FCIPR.
Early bird tickets (book before Christmas....yes it's not far away....) £149 for CIPR members and £199 for non-members, plus VAT.
After Christmas, tickets will be £199 for CIPR members and £249 for non-members, plus VAT
Prior to the masterclass you will asked to complete a confidential questionnaire, this will enable us to understand the key issues your organisation/client is facing, and for you to tell us about your current experience of briefing journalists, dealing with the media and managing a press office function.
We will also ask you to send us a recent press release, or briefing you have produced.
We'll do our own research on how the media is currently reporting on your organisation, or clients and the issues affecting your sector(s).
The masterclass will cover:
- A full day of training in a confidential environment
- Introduction to how the different media operate, press, broadcast and online.
- Reflections on your questionnaire.
- Outline of what’s changing in the media landscape locally, regionally and nationally and the implications of those changes for your organisation/clients.
- How to build strong relationships with journalists.
- How do deal with press enquires.
- How to manage a press briefing
- Does 'off the record' still exist?
- How to prepare yourself, or your client/colleague for an interview and what to expect
- Top tips for ensuring you get your message across
- How PR professionals can support interviewees and when to call on expert advice
- Writing key messages, briefs and preparation notes
- Preparing for and dealing with issues and crisis
- As live TV interviews and radio
- Print interviews
- Mock press conference (if required)
- Thorough review and feedback
- Lots of opportunity for Q&A and discussion on key topics and issues
FAQs and Full Terms and Conditions
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The masterclass will be held at Engineer’s House, Clifton, Bristol. The venue is fully accessible, please contact us with your requirements in advance of the masterclass so we can ensure you will have everything you need. A full transport guide will be sent to you in advance, parking, transport and accommodation are not included in the fee.
You can book your place for the Masterclass via Eventbrite.
You must pay in full at the time of booking, an invoice will be sent to you within 24 hours confirming your booking and full payment.
VAT will be added at the rate in force in the UK, at the time of booking.
There is a maximum of ten participants on each course, if a course in undersubscribed we may cancel it or postpone it and we will give you at least four weeks’ notice.
If the masterclass is oversubscribed, additional dates will be added
Pinch Point Communications does not accept responsibility for any losses arising from cancellations or changes, beyond your masterclass fee.
Refunds and changes
Refunds will be given for cancellations up to four weeks prior to each course 15% admin fee will be deducted by Pinch Point Communications
No refunds will be given within four weeks of the masterclass date.
You may be able to postpone your attendance, but an additional admin charge of £50 will be payable to cover costs we have already incurred.
You can change the name of the person attending up to five working days before the masterclass.
Your tutors will be Sarah Pinch and Magnus Carter; Pinch Point Communications reserves the right to change the tutors if necessary.
Pinch Point Communications is delighted to be able to offer bespoke training, please get in touch office@pinchpointcommunications, 0117 962 4050.
Pinch Point Communications reserves the right to cancel or postpone the masterclass due to low enrolment or circumstances beyond its control.