Actions and Detail Panel
Masterclass with David Kinnaman: Good Faith and You Lost Me...
Wed 21 September 2016, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
Join us for a unique event featuring the US best-selling author David Kinnaman and the insight of Barna Research to understand how our faith can engage the culture around us and how our churches and ministries can be better equipped to impact society. David Kinnaman is the author of the bestselling books Good Faith, You Lost Me and unChristian.
David is president of Barna Group, a leading research and communications company that works with churches, nonprofits, and businesses ranging from film studios to financial services. Since 1995, he has directed interviews with nearly one million individuals and overseen hundreds of U.S. and global research studies. He and his wife live in California with their three children.
Seminar One: Good Faith
Society is changing its mind about the Christian way of thinking and living.
• 80% of adults say society excludes religion from public life
• 42% believe that people of faith are part of the problem
• 60% contend that it’s extremist to try to share your faith with others Christians are trying to figure out how to respond.
Join David Kinnaman in a conversation about Good Faith and you will:
• Learn how to respond with compassion and confidence to the most toxic issues of our day.
• Discover the most significant cultural trends that are creating both obstacles and opportunities for Christians.
• Know what you believe and why it doesn’t make you an irrelevant or extreme person.
• Stop being afraid to talk about what you believe and start having meaningful conversations with the people you care about.
• Understand the heart behind opposing views and learn how to stay friends across differences.
• Empower a new generation to hold to their beliefs, while loving their friends.
Good Faith is for everyone from students to retirees, parents and grandparents, from Millennials to Boomers—for anyone who wants to be informed and equipped to live as a Christian in a complex, changing culture. You will come away with new ideas and inspiration to live and lead with love that is grounded in belief.
Seminar Two: You Lost Me
Pop Culture, the digital age and a more globally minded generation are changing our churches and organisations. This generation is facing new challenges that shift the way they experience faith. Discover why millions of young Christians—more so than Boomers or Gen Xers—are disconnecting from the faith community as they transition into adulthood. Hear their stories and find out what this generation is searching for in relationships, religion and vocation. These are not statistics, but real people and understanding their perspective is critical in reaching them.God is at work in the next generation. While they are often a challenge to the established church, they can also be a source of hope as they transcend the stereotypical and seek a lasting
David Kinnaman will offer ideas for pastors, youth leaders, parents, educators and employers. Better understanding can help encourage young adults with a vibrant, lasting faith as they seek to wholeheartedly pursue Christ.
Barna Group is a visionary research and resource company located in Ventura, California. Started in 1984, the firm is widely considered to be a leading research organisation focused on the intersection of faith and culture.