An entitlement to excellence for all children.
How can schools deliver Outstanding English Teaching through a Mastery Curriculum?
At St Thomas of Canterbury, Ofsted found that, “Teaching is outstanding overall because it is innovative, imaginative and inspires pupils to learn. Expectations are very high and inspiring learning experiences support pupils to progress to a higher level.”
This event will explore:
- The mindset of achieving mastery for all children.
- The core principles of an outstanding English curriculum.
- The use of high quality texts.
- Teaching comprehension, grammar and punctuation in context.
- Precise teaching at word, sentence and text level.
- A simple but effective marking system that actually saves teachers time.
- How to get all pupils to produce high quality writing every single week.
What is the aim of the national curriculum?
The overarching aim for English in the national curriculum is to promote high standards of language and literacy by equipping pupils with a strong command of the spoken and written word, and to develop their love of literature through widespread reading for enjoyment.
The cost of this event is £130+ VAT, or 2 LUTSA Credits (see www.lutsa.co.uk for details of the CPD package)
Date: Monday 7th November 2016. This event will run from 9.15am until 3.30pm and will take place in our training room at St Thomas of Canterbury School, Chancet Wood Drive, Sheffield, S8 7TR. Parking is available at Morrisons Supermarket, Meadowhead.
Save This Event
When & Where
Learning Unlimited Teaching School Alliance
Learning Unlimited Teaching School is Sheffield's primary-led teaching school.
St Thomas of Canterbury School has been designated as a National Teaching School and a National Support School. Please check out our website www.lutsa.co.uk or email email@example.com for more information.