Monday, 28 October 2013 from 10:30 to 16:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Our guest speaker is Professor David Haslam, Chairman of NICE, and there will be presentations from, and opportunities to meet, members of the MATCH team.
MATCH is a major research collaboration, with four universities at its heart – Birmingham, Brunel, Nottingham and Ulster – and a range of industrial, healthcare and university groups. It has been funded since 2003, primarily by the EPSRC, but with significant input from the DH and NHS, as well as the DTI as was, and industry, to create a new value-based dialogue around healthcare technology. The achievements we are proud of include:
- Developing a community that can articulate the value of medical devices across business, healthcare and academic boundaries.
- Methodological development linking business decisions to economic evaluation of technology
- Methodological development, including the use of social media, to better capture user needs
- Research into the dynamics of the healthcare technology industry
- Development of training material
- Launching a company to take forward the MATCH mission following the end of the grants.