Actions and Detail Panel
Maternity Mates Open Day at Stratford Library
Tue 21 March 2017, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT
Become a Maternity Mate and gain accredited training
- Are you interested in gaining skills and accredited training as a volunteer to support pregnant women in Newham?
- Would you like to share your skills and experience as a mother to help other mothers during pregnancy and birth?
- Are you looking for additional, practical experience that could help support your application to study midwifery, or supplement your training?
- Whether you’re a mum who wants to help other mums, or are looking to enhance your healthcare skills, Maternity Mates is for you.
About Maternity Mates
- Maternity Mates are volunteers trained by WHFS to support disadvantaged women during pregnancy, childbirth and the early weeks of motherhood.
- You will be gaining valuable, employable skills and experience whilst giving back to your community.
- Training is to OCN (Open College Network) Level 3, and can help towards the Access to Nursing & Midwifery Course.
- Come along to our Open Day to meet the team to find out more about Maternity Mates.
- Please see our website for more information - www.whfs.org.uk