MATHS HUBS Local Leaders of Maths Education North Regional Conference
A Maths Hub Collaborative
Archimedes NE Maths Hub working in Collaboration with Great North, Yorkshire Ridings & Central Maths Hubs
Speakers include: Jane Jones HMI and Debbie Morgan NCETM Director for Primary
There is already an established network across the country of SLEs, PD leads, CPD Standard holders, MaST, LA advisors, maths hub workgroup leaders, other lead professionals and the soon to be trained Primary Mastery Specialists. This key group of “Local Leaders of Maths Education LLME” are all working with schools in various contexts and many (though not all) will no doubt be connecting with their local maths hub. Consequently, there is a clear need to provide ongoing support for this important group of system leaders and further develop ways of working together.
The overarching aim of the day is to support Local Leaders of Mathematics Education through:
- providing a forum for colleagues to meet and network with other Local Leaders of Mathematics;
- helping LLMEs to assess and develop further understanding of the changing landscape of mathematics education;
- exploring the mathematics-specific needs of teachers locally and nationally;
- identifying current provision and any gaps there might be in that provision, both now and likely to occur as a result of planned changes;
- developing recommendations for future provision and exploring ways of achieving these.
In addition there will be opportunities to:
- identify and explore some of the needs of Local leaders of Mathematics Education;
- learn about relevant national and local developments in mathematics education;
- hear about the work of other Local Leaders of Maths Education though workshop sessions.
Please note that this event is specifically for Local Leaders of Mathematics Education i.e. colleagues that are working to support mathematics education beyond their immediate setting.
Provisional (draft) workshops could include: , The New Maths A Levels, Primary mathematics: Mixed Age Planning, Maximising the impact of lesson study, Leading a department, The changing role of local authorities in Maths, Problem solving and reasoning, Post 16 agenda, Implementing a mastery strategy...and talks from the NCETM, teaching school alliance and networking and discussion groups.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The A1 (M) is less than 10 minutes from the hotel and Darlington railway station on the East Coast mainline is also close by with links to London’s Kings Cross St Pancras just 2 ½ hrs away. These excellent transport links, along with Free WiFi throughout the hotel and free parking.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Jackie Springhall: email@example.com