The Maurice Fulcher Trophy is an indoor 8-a-side cricket competition (soft cricket ball) for years 5 and 6. A copy of the rules is enclosed for your information. Please note that there will be a gender ratio split of 4 boys and 4 girls in each team, with the boys bowling to the boys and girls to the girls.
Maurice Fulcher Trophy was born to provide a competitive grassroots indoor cricket tournament for the schools in the inner London Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Wandsworth.
Surrey Cricket organise tournaments in line with the ECB competition framework. Competitions are an ideal way to give children the confidence and opportunity to express their skills learnt whilst encouraging team participation and match play awareness.
The Tournaments qualifying days are Mon 21st Nov, Mon 28th Nov, Tues 29th Nov, Mon 5th Dec, Tuesday 6th Dec. Two schools from each qualifying day go forward to the Finals Day on Friday 13th January 2017.
- Teams shall consist of 8 players with 4 boys and 4 girls (boys bowling to the boys and girls bowling to girls)
- The batting team will bat in pairs for 2 over’s.
- 8 over’s to be bowled in an innings, one over max per bowler. 4 balls in an over.
- The bowlers will always bowl from one end and at the completion of an over the batsman will change ends.
- The batters change ends after a dismissal.
- Score begins with 200
- 5 runs deducted for each wicket
- 2 runs added to total for a wide ball or no ball bowled (no extras ball unless it’s the last over of each innings)
- 6 runs – hit the back wall without bouncing
- 4 runs – along the ground to back wall / netting
- 2 runs – for completing a run
- 1 run – for the ball hitting the side walls/roof & wall behind the batting end
- Byes – batters can run if ball is not hit and goes behind the stumps
- Caught – Not off the walls or roof
- Run out
The team scoring the most runs in its innings shall be the winner. If the scores are equal, then the team losing fewer wickets shall be the winner