Actions and Detail Panel
Maximising Your Personal Impact And Improving Your Interview Performance
Thu 18 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Maximising Your Personal Impact And Improving Your Interview Performance is a one-day workshop designed to help you to achieve your goals and take control of your career by developing your confidence, impact and influence and improving your interview performance. You will come away with practical techniques that will help you make your mark in the workplace, interviews, meetings, presentations and networking situations.
9:30am-12:30pm – Understanding and Maximising your Personal Impact
Aims & Objectives
- To understand what we mean by ‘ personal impact’
- To recognise the significance of verbal and non-verbal communication
- To understand the influence of visual appearance
- To recognise the impact of negative self-belief
- To identify an area which could improve your personal impact
- Greater self-awareness and an understanding of how you come across to others
- Ownership of your image, both online and in person
- Knowledge of how to live your ‘brand’, build credibility and trust
- More confidence and practical techniques in dealing with others
- Specific personal focus on a single area that could make significant improvements to your personal impact
1:15pm- 4:30pm – Improving your Interview Technique
Aims & Objectives
- To look at approaches for more thorough interview preparation
- To gain better understanding of the purpose of ‘the interview’ and the vital role it plays for both the company and the candidate
- To learn more about different interview styles and formats
- To understand the dynamics between people in interview situations
- To understand the importance of positive delivery and personal impact in an interview
- To learn how to make the most of every interview experience through follow up and feedback
- Step by step processes for fool-proof interview preparation
- Top tips for interview success
- Hands on practice through role play scenarios
- Techniques for dealing with difficult or tricky interview questions
- The confidence, techniques and skills to achieve optimum interview performance
Who should attend this course?
This course is effective for any professional who is:
- Inspired to enhance their personal impact and their level of self awareness
- Looking to add something new to their approach in effective communication
- Seeking new skills and confidence in interview scenarios, whether that’s applying for a new position in an existing company or exploring the job market
- Wanting to give themselves a competitive edge
Ruth has worked for many years as a coach, setting up Ruth Bradshaw Career and Executive Coaching Consultancy in 2004. She focuses on Executive Coaching, Career Transition, Cultural Integration, Outplacement and Personal Impact. She is passionate about helping people to develop their self-belief, achieve their career goals and present themselves in the best possible light to achieve their full potential.
Arising from her passion for colour, Ruth trained with one of the frontrunners of colour and style analysis in the UK and offers this complementary service to clients who want to regain their confidence by presenting a more positive image.
Ruth’s corporate clients include Rothschilds, the NHS, Siemens, Premier Foods, Airbus, RB, The Priory Clinic, The Diplomatic Service, Selfridges, Debenhams, HSBC and Astra Zeneca.
Ruth is a graduate in Modern Languages and holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance and ILM level 7 in Executive Coaching. She is a member of the EMCC.
Sally is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD).
She is a former talent manager working for world leading firms such as GE and ExxonMobil who has been interview coaching for over 10 years. She has delivered energising workshops and assisted individuals from a wide range of private, public and charity sector organisations both in the UK and internationally. As well as speaking and writing about all aspects of career management, in 2013 she published a widely read e-book on Assessment Centres.