Actions and Detail Panel
Maximising your Personal Impact
Tue 13 June 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Emerging Workforce Leaders for
Bands 4 & 5 HR/L&D Practitioners
A day workshop on maximising your personal impact, managing your reputation and sustaining your inspiration
This year we are running two full day sessions aimed at bands 4 & 5 HR/L&D practitioners. This first day is focused on personal impact. The second day is customer service and process improvement.
This first event on personal impact is divided into two sessions. The morning session will focus on how to maximise your personal impact and the afternoon on sustaining your inspiration. The sessions are linked so please ensure you can stay for the whole day from 8.30 to 5pm.
Session 1 – AM
Maximise Your Impact and Manage Your Reputation
This session will focus on how to ensure you are making the right first impression and will help you to understand how people assess you. You will learn why personal impact is often irrational and the implications of this to you.
Aims and objectives:
- Understand how your colleagues assess your credibility
- Develop your insight into the ways in which you can enhance your reputation at work
- Project confidence and authority in challenging situations
- Learn a range of strategies to help you communicate more powerfully in meetings.
- Identified specific actions you need to take to maximise your impact
- A Developed action plan setting out steps you can take to enhance your reputation and career prospects
- A range of tools to help you handle ‘power games’ in organisations
Session 2 - PM
This session covers motivation and willpower; understanding your limitations, identifying what really makes you tick and how to educate your manager on this. It will also cover easy and practical ways of creating a positive atmosphere around you.
Aims and objectives:
- Practical tips on how to keep yourself feeling upbeat throughout the working week
- Enable you to understand how willpower works and its limitations
- Provide you with the opportunity to change a habit that does not serve you
- Help you to manage the balance between your comfort zone and your risk zone
- Identified habits and behavioural patterns that you would like to change
- A Developed action plan setting out your commitment to making progress on a daily basis.
- Tools to help you manage your energy and motivation during the working day.
Peter English, Management development consultancy
Leadership and personal effectiveness training
Both sessions will address our Emerging Workforce leaders’ foundation strand at level 2 from our HR Competency Framework.
Date: 13th June 2017
Location: Weston House, Learning &Development Centre, Weston House, 63-67 Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3HZ
Time: 09:00 – 17:00pm
Registration: 08:30am.(including tea and coffee)
Please note this is an all-day event lunch will not be provided so please bring your own lunch. You will also be able to purchase refreshments from the nearby shops and Cafe’s.
There are 70 places on this event. We want to ensure that all member organisations have access to our events. If an event is overbooked and the maximum attendance has been reached from a particular trust, the events team may need to cancel any further places that are booked. The team will then email individuals who have booked after the maximum number has been reached. See our event booking policy
Please note: This is a free event, however we have a £100 cancellation fee if you cancel within 7 days of the event. Please feel free to send a replacement if you can’t come.