MB21 Curriculum November Showcase
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The event is free but places are limited. You will be eligible for CPD points. Please sign-up in order to attend and see the FAQs below for further information.
There has been tremendous progress with the MB21 curriculum since the April Showcase event and we would like to invite colleagues, friends and key stakeholders to come together once more to discuss these developments.
The following updates will be among the discussions:
- MB21 will utilise Progress Testing and we are honoured to welcome Cees van der Vleuten to present and take questions on this topic. Cees is a world-renowned Professor of Education at Maastricht University and a leading researcher in medical evaulation and assessment.
- Our Year Structure Working Groups have been constructing the timetables for each year of the programme and embedding the Helical Themes within the teaching.
- We have begun to recruit and train Case Facilitators for our Year 1 Case Based Learning (CBL) sessions.
- The Healthcare Assistantship and Basic Life Support Working Groups have unveiled exciting plans for hands-on learning in the first year.
- An Effective Consulting Working Group has been set up to coorindate efforts across the 5 years to ensure that our students are equipped with all the practical skills necessary to excel in the world of Medicine
There will be ample opportunity for you to ask our MB21 experts your questions, as well as a 'World Cafe' session dedicated to receiving feedback and ideas-sharing on topics such as Professionalism, the 'Digital Medical School', Academies and Staff-Student Events.
This event will be eligible for CPD points, we are just in the process of confirming how many. Please sign-up in order to attend and see the FAQs below for further information.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For any questions regarding this event, please contact Elle Chilton-Knight on 0117 331 7857 or at email@example.com
What are the timings for the day?
Registration is at 11:45 prompt. Food will be served at 12:00. The first session begins at 12:30. A full programme will be sent in due course.
What are my parking options?
Limited parking is available during term-time, treated on a first come basis. If there is no parking in Wills Hall, delegates can park on Saville Road or around the Downs where there is plenty of free parking. Delegates are kindly asked not to park on the Wills Hall exit drive.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we do not require your ticket at registration, but please sign up via EventBrite to let us know that you are coming. Registration begins promptly at 11:45.
Can you cater for specific dietary requirements?
Yes, we can cater for most diets and allergies. Please let us know by answering all the questions when you sign-up to the event
I have other commitments, can I attend for part of the day?
Of course, although to engage fully with the sessions on offer we advise attending for the full afternoon. If you are only coming for part of the day (and especially if you won't be coming for lunch) please let Elle know via the details above.
Who will benefit from this event?
Those who will most benefit include university, academy and NHS staff involved in the administration and/or teaching of University of Bristol's Medical Students, Patient & the Public Representatives and Student Representatives.