*** IMPORTANT ***
On the booking form that will appear after you select Quantity and press Register, you have spaces for BUYER information and ATTENDEE information. Please put the Parent/Guardian as Buyer and the Child's details as Attendee.
PLEASE NOTE: Your school has generously decided to subsidise the cost of the club. The usual fee of £35 per term is therefore reduced to the £12 being charged here (just £2 per one-hour lesson!).
We are currently limiting this club to Years 5 and 6 due to the high level of interest.
To ensure accurate booking of these places, booking your child into the Archery After-School Club at Meadowhead can ONLY be done via this booking form. Please do not send slips or money into school.
Pre-booking via this form is essential. Please DO NOT send your child into the first session without booking and hope that they can be accomodated.
The archery sessions are a simple and lightly structured affair where your child will learn basic shooting technique, and pick up pieces of archery knowledge along the way - be it through occasional simple homework sheets, in-session non-shooting games and quizzes etc. We keep it light and enjoyable, so expect your child to report shooting at Minions, Skittles, and other strange things!
The aim is to give your child a pleasant introduction to a sport that could stay with them throughout life, as it doesn't care if you are the tallest, fastest, strongest or so on, just that you want to do it!
It's important to remember that, unlike some other school activities can be, we aim to provide more than a 'trial' We want to be at your school for a LONG time, so that they can return term after term, as well as giving your child access routes to continue their interest in this sport outside of the school environment should they wish.
Our sessions are open to school Years 5 & 6 currently - though please be aware that not all pupils will be physically able, and we do reserve the right to advise the school & parents of this on an individual basis should we deem it unwise or unsafe for that child to continue to participate.
All bows, arrows and safety equipment is supplied, so your child needs to do no more than simply come along to the school hall once school finishes (even if we are shooting outdoors that day, we will still meet them indoors)
If your child has any notable medical conditions or disabilities, please make us aware. They are rarely an issue if we know in advance.
Should your child not follow the instructions given to them during their sessions, and be deemed disruptive or to be creating a safety issue, we reserve the right to terminate their participation in that and/or future sessions, and no refunds can be issued.
Once your child has started each term of archery sessions, should they then decide to stop part way through, no refunds are available for that terms fees (as it's unlikely fill that space at no notice).
--- Quick answers to common questions! ---
• You don’t need to bring ANY special equipment or clothing for your child, all archery kit is provided. But, if your child has long hair, ensure they have a means to tie it back in a pony tail. We would advise that they have something with long sleeves with them, so ensure they have their school jumper/cardigan.
• Sessions start at 3.30pm (so the pupils have plenty of time to get their stuff from class and get to the hall) and will finish by 4.30pm. Please ensure you are at the main school doors to collect your child at 4.30pm - where one of our staff will be waiting with your children.
• Sessions will be in the main hall, unless good weather allows for the playing field to be used, so ensure your child has a coat suitable to outdoor activity, just in case, or possibly wearing sunscreen during hot weather.
• Your child will be taught by insured and qualified coaches, who have been fully DBS checked for Coaching Children in Sport, and occasionally other experienced archers under supervision from the coaches.
• They are REAL weapons, not toys - yes, it’s safe!
• There will be no breaks for snacks, so food & drink for the session won’t be needed.
• Sorry, no discounts if your child can’t or doesn’t attend some sessions. No discounts for booking several children.
• A certificate stating their completion of 6 hours basic archery will be presented to them in the final week.
• Please note: These 6 hours of archery are not intended to replace a standard/longer beginners course, but to give the kids a fun and relaxed taste of archery, so you can see if they are interested in taking it further.
When & Where
Experience archery in a relaxed, fun environment with Blackburn Archery.
Our qualified staff have spent years bringing archery to all ages and abilities. We run events where we provide all the archery equipment (bows, arrows, targets, safety equipment) as well as experienced and qualified supervision & teaching.
Be it Birthday Parties, 2-hour Archery Taster Sessions or Private Coaching, Blackburn Archery has something for you.