Media Training course
Monday, 10 November 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aim: To offer delegates a practical guide to:
1. Making the best use of social media and boost your online presence and marketing;
2. Understanding the media, crafting a story, selling the story (including press release-writing);
3. Interview techniques.
Who should attend? Those who want to improve the positive public profile of your organisation and key officers, enhancing key messages and impressing stakeholders (including funders).
Content: This training will cover -
- Social media as a campaigning tool and keeping up-to-date
- Monetising your web presence
- Communications strategies
- Marketing and brand identity
- Press release writing, understanding journalists and the media
- Preparing for interviews & interview techniques
- Pitfalls to avoid
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will leave with –
- An understanding of how to turn communications strategies into tangible media coverage
- Know how about how the social media & web presence can assist / underpin good news stories, and galvanise / mobilise supporters
- Ideas for good ‘angles’ for positive stories and knowledge of how to tailor them to media outlets to maximise your chances of real positive coverage
- An understanding of how utilising your own and external media can assist fundraising and income generation
- Practice interview techniques and receive constructive feedback
- Understand the structure of press releases and how to make good stories more attractive to journalists
Methodology: The session will offer a blend of individual reflection; group exercises; creative and engaging computer-based exercises; presentation; role-plays.
When & Where
We are a national membership organisation championing the voice of the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary, community and social enterprise sector. We work for a stronger and inclusive civil society to meet the needs of BME and other disadvantaged communities.
Telephone: 0207 697 4240