San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This course is an important part of your Medical School Interview Preparation. It is likely that all candidates invited for interview will have achieved the same high academic standards and the interview is your opportunity to demonstrate that you have the non-cognitive competencies and potential to be a successful medical student and doctor.
This highly interactive course is led by a team including doctors, medical students and medical careers advisors with many years experience in helping candidates get into medical school.
Kinnear Consulting has been running Medical School Application Courses in Northern Ireland for 8 years with 100% of delegates on our courses giving feedback that it was worthwhile to attend. We also get repeat business from a number of schools who have recognised the difference we can make for their medical school applicants. We are also the course provider that many local hospital consultants and GPs choose to send their sons and daughters to.
What does the course cover?
- MMI scenarios
- Traditional interview scenarios
- Non-cognitive competencies
- Medical Ethics and ethical scenarios
- NHS (HSC) issues and hot topics
- Personal Statement questions
- Work experience and motivation
- Generic skills such as leadership, teamwork, organisation etc
- GMC guidance relevant to medical school applicants
- Interview skills incl. preparation & body language
- Frameworks to help structure and deliver answers effectively
Max places: 16
Early Bird Registration (by 9 November 2013): £100
Standard Registration (after 9 November 2013): £125
When & Where
Kinnear Consulting is a boutique consulting firm based in Northern Ireland. We specialise in leadership, personal productivity, team productivity, customer service excellence, communication & engagement, healthcare social media, healthcare intelligence, and healthservice intelligence. We provide consultancy, training, courses and events. Find out more at www.kinnearconsulting.com