Actions and Detail Panel
Medicines Management and Drug Dose Calculations
Wed 23 November 2016, 13:30 – 17:00 GMT
The course includes:
The aim of this training is to gain knowledge, understanding and skills on medicines management and calculating drug dosages.
Following successful completion of this training, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the legislative framework of prescribing and giving medicine.
- State the RGN professional responsibilities for managing medicines.
- Show skill in calculating drug doses.
The seven rights of medicine administration.
Legal framework of medicines management in social care/community setting.
RGN scope, role, responsibilities and accountability for managing medicines.
Incident reporting and the consequences of wrong drug/dose administration.
Calculating medicine dosage.
Qualified Registered General Nurse (RGN).
This training is suitable for:
- Nurses who work in care homes, palliative care, hospices, and with patients in the community.
- Nurses who require full training or refresher training.
- Newly qualified nurses or more advanced practitioners.
Course duration: 3.5 hours (includes refreshment break)
Our continuous professional development training is awarded with the Skills for Health Quality Mark
All our courses are delivered by specialist trainers and training counts towards your learning hours and revalidation.