Actions and Detail Panel
Medilink South West Life Science & Healthcare Workshops and Awards
Thu 2 February 2017, 14:30 – 22:00
A great opportunity to hear how others are addressing the increasing demands and challenges of the life science and healthcare sector. Come along and celebrate the South West's achievements and ongoing commitment to world-class quality and excellence.
The afternoon kicks off with expert led workshop sessions followed by a keynote address from Dr Ian Campbell, Director of Health & Life Science at Innovate UK.
Each workshop will provide information and suggestions for your business to succeed in the following areas:
- Designing nutritious food and drink – what to consider by Emma Hanby, Campden BRI
- Making a difference with design by Nigel Harris, Designability
- Bringing a Medical Device to the market place by Micah Atkin, Device Scope & MiniFAB
- An Introduction to H&S for SMEs by Nigel Silman, Public Health England
Dr Ian Campbell, Director of Health & Life Science at Innovate UK will talk about how Innovate UK is helping to shape the future of UK health and the life sciences.
Awards Dinner - Join the celebration!
With five awards across industry and NHS categories, the awards dinner is a unique platform to celebrate the best in the sector covering medical technologies, healthcare and related life sciences right across the region. An excellent chance for you and your colleagues to celebrate achievements and network with sector colleagues plus promote your business to a global audience.
Winners of this year’s awards will automatically go through to the grand final Medilink Awards UK in April 2017.
To download the application forms - please click here
14:30 - Registration, networking & refreshments
15:00 - Welcome from Professor Richard Luxton, Chair of Medilink South West
15:15 - Workshop session 1 - you may choose to attend one of the four following workshops
• Designing nutritious food and drink – what to consider by Emma Hanby, Campden BRI
• Making a difference with design by Nigel Harris, Designability
• Bringing a Medical Device to the market place by Micah Atkin, Device Scope & MiniFAB
• An Introduction to H&S for SMEs by Nigel Silman, Public Health England
16:00 - refreshment break
16:15 - Workshop session 2 (you may choose to attend another one of the four workshops that are taking place)
17:00 - keynote speaker - Ian Campbell, Director of Health and Life Sciences at Innovate UK
17:30 - networking & people arriving for the dinner
18:00 - dinner
19:30 - awards, after dinner speaker Dr Phil Hammond will host the awards ceremony