Actions and Detail Panel
Meet Bili: The free online student language exchange!
Sat 14 January 2017, 15:30 – 17:00 GMT
Bili is the new and exciting online student language exchange, which enables regular and purposeful peer-to-peer interaction, in a safe, teacher monitored space.
To date, we have run trials in 45 schools across the UK, France, Spain and Germany, and have connected just over 3500 students communicating in foreign languages. But, we're just getting started...
How does it work?
- A teacher matches students from different countries who speak different languages.
- Students complete weekly text, image, audio or video tasks set by the teacher.
- The students mark each other's work and respond to the tasks in their first language.
Find out more at: www.bili.uk.com
The bit where you come in!
I'm delighted to announce that on January, 14th 2017 #FreeBili will be launching, where we open the platform to schools for free! To celebrate this we are inviting you to a launch event, kindly hosted by the BFI, where you will have the opportunity to:
- Speak to current users of Bili
- Learn about our latest developments
- (and last but not least!) Have a free drink & some nibbles
The Bili vision is that all students will interact first-hand with a native speaker the same age in a foreign language on a weekly basis, and to make this opportunity accessible for all schools.
To achieve this we need your help: Bili is a platform created by a languages teacher for languages teachers and without your valuable support, feedback and participation we will be unable to reach the scale needed to be sustainable in the longterm. Please come along on the 14th January, like our page, retweet our tweets and help Bili reach a wider audience of language teachers, learners and lovers like you!