This talk is for those who want to learn about how to get a mortgage and get on the property ladder here in London.
This is a purely content talk where you will find out what you need to do in order to get a property. This is not an investment opportunity or sales event.
They say buying a property is one of the most stressful experiences people go through in their lives. I neither agree nor disagree with it - however I do know from my day to day dealings with my clients how stressful it is for those who buy a home for the first time. Stress and pressure starts from the very moment my clients or potential clients start looking for a property.
What you will learn in this talk:
- Shall I buy or shall I keep renting?
- My estate agent does not return my call - does it mean we have lost the property to another buyer? Shall we offer more?
- What if the valuation goes wrong?
- Can we get a mortgage? What shall we do to make it happen?
- What if the vendor changes their mind after we have the mortgage offered?
- There are different government schemes on offer - how do they work? Are they any good?
- Are there any properties we should avoid?
- What shall I do to improve my credit rating?
- What is involved in buying a property?
- What do lenders take into account when making decisions about lending?
- What are the hidden costs?
- What pitfalls do I need to be aware of?
- What has changed with Brexit?
Those are just a few of the many questions I hear from people daily. The property market in London is challenging and fast moving. And when you wish to buy a property in this city you really need to get prepared - especially with all the recent changes in the mortgage industry. There are many things which can go wrong during the process of buying a property, but there are so many ways you can get ready in advance so you will have the best chance to be the proud owner of your new home.”
Our expert is Lina Bourdon, MD of City & Country Financial Services
Lina has been working with London First Time Buyers for over a decade now. Through this work she has learned that with all the information available out there future home owners can and do get overwhelmed. This is why we have put together a talk for those who wish to buy their first home – both now and in the future. During the talk Lina doesn’t sell anything, she does not push anyone to commit to anything - she simply shares her knowledge, expertise and lots of useful and valuable information.
This is the programme of evening.
7pm to 8pm. Registration and informal mix and mingle and networking.
8pm to 8.45pm. Lina's presentation.
8.45pm onwards Q&A and after that more informal networking
The event takes place at the elegant and intimate private Members Club Home House
Home House is London's most exclusive private members’ club. It has won the award for the Best Members Club in 2015 and 2016 at the London Lifestyle Awards.
Occupying a terrace of Georgian townhouses in elegant Portman Square in the heart of London, members and guests enjoy the splendour of 18th Century architecture and the opulence of neo-classical design in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere; it’s a true Home from Home.
Due to Council regulations, no tickets can be sold on the door for this event. In addition to this, we expect the event to be sold out before the actual event date. We do need to strongly encourage early booking to avoid disappointment