Join over 200 membership marketing delegates from professional bodies, sport and recreation organisations, charities and others to hear cutting edge presentations, enjoy debate and celebrate achievement at the MemCom membership marketing awards. MemCom is the event for you if individuals make up your membership.
The 2014 event provides a 4 in 1 packed agenda (see below for details).
Three streams happening concurrently.
Main theme: – Membership Commercials - Making money to do good things
Alternative stream 1: Member Engagement
Alternative Stream 2: Learning and Development
Alternative Stream 3: Recruitment, Retention and Communication for Sport and Recreation membership bodies
Early bird bookings end 31 March 2014
MemCom Awards – the lunch and presentations
You are all invited to enter your good work and to join the celebration of achievement.
Award Categories (closing March 21st):
- Marketing Leaflet/Brochure
- Magazine - Professional Association or Royal College
- Magazine – Charity
- Magazine – Sport and Recreation
- Marketing Team of the Year
- Main Membership Website
- Other Stakeholder Website (e.g. public facing, student portal etc.)
- Membership Magazine Website
- Social Media Campaign
- PR or Public Affairs Campaign
- Annual Report
- Re-branding/Brand development
- Brand Extension
- Newsletter, print/ebulletin
- Most Innovative use of Technology
- International Membership Development
- Best use of Social Media by senior leaders in a membership body
MemCom 2014 Agenda
Main conference stream - Membership Commercials - Making money to do good things
The 2014 conference will look at the challenges faced by membership organisations in seeking to develop and deploy revenues. Topics include:
- Commercial Revenue Development – what is working, what are the challenges
- Expand or die – the challenges of growing a small professional organisation
- From professional body to University College – a dramatic refocusing of strategy and income streams
- How To Build And Develop Sustainable Revenue From Digital Media
- Ethical Debate – how far do you go to ‘make money to do good things’?
Alternative stream 1 – How to maximise member engagement
- CRM - overpromise and undershoot or get the specification right.
- Driving online reactions and actions in the membership sector
- Member Engagement – what does it mean for improved performance
- Engaging with young people – industry plans for 2014
- Making your organisation fit for purpose online
- Do you have an engaging and potentially award winning web site?
Alternative stream 2 – Developing and Marketing Learning and Development
- Qualifications fit for the next 20 years
- Providing vocational qualifications that employers really want
- Introducing a Quality Model to your members
- CPE, beyond CPD?
- The Case for CPD
Alternative stream 3 – Maximising Recruitment, Retention and Communication for Sport and Recreation membership bodies
Supported and promoted by the Sport and Recreation Alliance with some 350 member organisations this stream promises to be an exciting new addition to MemCom
- Developing and Communicating a Public Affairs Strategy for Sport and Recreation Membership Bodies
- Supporting clubs to ensure their proposition meets the expectations of existing and future members.
- How sports and recreation membership bodies use (and should use) social media
- How to engage with members to improve retention and loyalty and relieve acquisition marketing
- Collaborative storytelling - How resource-struck marketing teams can achieve greater impact by mobilising the support of members and strategic partners.