MENA Investment Exchange: Energy will bring together investors, developers, financiers and other stakeholders in the Middle East and North Africa region’s diversified GTP and renewable energy (RE) industries.
As MENAIX: GPR explores the development of new industries across a very varied range of economies, experts will stress-test government policies and investors’ responses to a range of challenges.
The 2016 agenda will focus on:
• understanding trends in gas use and electricity supply
• assessing the upturn in RE development
• asking where Mena stands in the climate debate? And how oil producers fit into the policy mix?
• identifying who to work with in the diverse Mena area
• implementing energy efficiency strategies
• how to tap financing sources and structures – including private equity and other investment funds, DFIs, governments, sovereign wealth funds
• asking: are deals more bankable in the Gulf than in Africa?