MENA Investment Exchange: Energy will bring together investors, developers, financiers and other stakeholders in the Middle East and North Africa region’s diversified GTP and renewable energy (RE) industries.
The meeting explores the development of new industries across a very varied range of economies, experts will stress-test government policies and investors’ responses to a range of challenges.
The 2017 agenda will focus on:
• understanding trends in gas use and electricity supply
• assessing the upturn in RE development
• asking where Mena stands in the climate debate? And how oil producers fit into the policy mix?
• identifying who to work with in the diverse Mena area
• implementing energy efficiency strategies
• how to tap financing sources and structures – including private equity and other investment funds, DFIs, governments, sovereign wealth funds
• asking: are deals more bankable in the Gulf than in Africa?