San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The workshop looks at learning disability and sport to help clubs, coaches and sports providers offer a more inclusive environment and support people with a learning disability to access sporting opportunities.
What does the Workshop Cover?
- What is a Learning Disability?
- The issues and barriers people with a learning disability face when accessing sport
- Different ways of communicating with people with a learning disability
- Different ways of including people with learning disabilities in sport
- How to promote sport to people with a learning disability
- Different pathways and opportunities available in learning disability sport
Who is this workshop for?
Someone who wants to know more about Learning Disability and sport; whether that’s professional sports staff, coaches, club volunteers, or leisure centre staff.
Save This Event
When & Where
Herts Sports Partnership
Herts Sports Partnership was established in 2003 as one of 49 County Sport Partnerships in England, as part of the long-term plan for delivering sport across the nation. It is led by a voluntary representative executive board and has a core team of full and part-time sports professionals all of whom are passionate about the work carried out by the Partnership.