Actions and Detail Panel
Mencap: Learning Disability and Sport Workshop
Wed 15 February 2017, 18:00 – 21:00 GMT
Developed through a partnership between Mencap Sport and Special Olympics Great Britain, this workshop looks at learning disability and sport. It aims to help clubs, coaches and providers of sport understand how to support people with a learning disability to access sporting opportunities in an inclusive environment.
What does the workshop cover?
- What is a learning disability
- The issues and barriers people with a learning disability face when accessing sport
- Different ways of communicating with people with a learning disability
- Different ways of including people with a learning disability in sport
- How to promote sport to people with a learning disability
- Different pathways and opportunities available in learning disability sport