Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health Awareness Training, Burnley
Thu 18 May 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
This is a 6 hour introductory mental health awareness course which includes a focus on wellbeing and self care.
The aims and objectives of the course include:
- Enabling participants to gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
- Gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affects everyone
- Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- define mental health & some mental health problems
- relate to people’s experiences
- help support people with mental health problems
- begin developing a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- look after their own mental health
- how to implement '5 ways to daily wellbeing'