Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid (Adult); full 2 day course
Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 09:00 – Tue, 4 Jul 2017, 17:00 BST
Full two day course, qualifying participants to be Certified Mental Health First Aiders.
Day 1 - Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th July; 2017
- Our two day Adult MHFA course is an internationally recognised course. After taking it, you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
MHFA won't teach you how to be a therapist, but once you’ve completed the two day course you will be able to say you're a Mental Health First Aider.
The training course that has been designed to fit into four manageable chunks. These are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
The course is for everyone aged 16 and upwards and you don’t need any qualifications or experience in mental health to take part.
The Adult MHFA course takes place over 2 full days ( in this case, a Monday and Tuesday) at a cost of just £195 per person, thanks to support from the HealthcareOnDemand Benevolent Fund. (This represents a significant saving on the MHFA recommended fee for this programme of £300 per attendee).
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Jane will provide a very safe learning environment and is trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don't feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then don't, we won't ask you to do something you aren't comfortable with.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, including suicide, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and Jane can help if people find some topics particularly difficult.
For more information please email info@Healthcare OnDemand.org.uk or visit: www.HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk or www.mhfaengland.org