Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid Armed Forces - Livewell Southwest
Wed, 4 Oct 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 5 Oct 2017, 17:00 BST
This 2 day intensive, interactive and practical course provides an overview of common mental health problems as well as information, tools and techniques to enable you to support veterans and families of both serving and veteran Armed Forces personnel who may be experiencing mental or emotional distress.
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence based intervention that can be delivered in a wide variety of settings, where first aid is given to an individual experiencing distress until appropriate help and treatment is received or the crisis resolves.
MHFA Training Outcomes
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem including post-traumatic stress disorder
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem and deal with a crisis situation or help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
• Guide someone to the right support
• Help stop a mental health illness getting worse and to recover faster
• Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
• Use the ALGEE tool for conducting MHFA and practice as an accredited Mental Health First Aider
• Support the Workplace Wellbeing Charter Requirements
By attending you will receive a nationally recognised certificate of attendance and be able to call yourself a "Mental Health First Aider"
Who can attend?
• Anyone with any connection to serving or veterans of the armed forces, individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education
• Anyone aged 16 or over, living or working in or around the Plymouth area
How much does MHFA AFC Cost?
• MHFA AFC training is subsidised and is £60 per person.
•40% Discount for anyone who works for an organisation that is registered for the Workplace Wellbeing Charter CODE: WWC40
• 40% Discount if you have been trained as a Wellbeing Champion through Livewell Southwest CODE: CHAMP40
• Free to all Livewell Southwest staff and Livewell Southwest volunteers. CODE: STAFF100
We can arrange for payment via invoice.
We can also arrange bespoke courses for larger groups (12-20 people) which we can offer at a 25% discount per person.
Please contact Livewell.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss bespoke course options
If the workshop is cancelled by Livewell Southwest, you will be offered a place on a course on an alternative date. If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
In the event of participant’s non-attendance or a cancellation within 14 working days before the beginning of the course, the payment is non-refundable subject to our discretion.
If you have any further queries or problems please contact us on 01752 437177 or email Livewell.email@example.com