Mental Health First Aid Lite is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
In each section you'll learn how to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
• Provide help on a first aid basis
• Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone recover faster
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
The MHFA Lite course is a 3 hour introduction to MHFA courses. This costs £75.00 per person, unless you have been issued a Promotion Code by Peter.
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don't feel comfortable joining in certain bits, then don't, we won't make you do something you aren't comfortable with.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, including suicide, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some bits particularly difficult.
You'll receive a MHFA Standard manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and also an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say you are now Mental Health First Aider.
For more information please visit: www.mhfaengland.org