Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Lite
The MHFA Lite course is an introductory mental health awareness course.
To enable participants to:
- Gain a wider understanding for themselves and others, of some of the issues surrounding mental health.
- Gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affects people and organisations
- Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Define mental health & understand some common mental health problems
- Relate to people's experiences
- Look after your own mental health
- Identify strategies to support people with mental health problems
- Promote positive mental health in the workplace
The duration of MHFA Lite course is 3 hours, and will include a short refreshment break.
The session will be a mix of presentation, group interaction and a few activities. The training takes place in a very safe learning environment and support is provided to you throughout the whole course. If you don't feel comfortable joining in certain bits, then don't, we won't make you do something you aren't comfortable with.
Due to some of the nature and sensitive subjects of our courses, including suicide, we limit numbers to 25 people.
You'll receive a manual and an attendance certificate from MHFA England CIC.
Who can attend?
The course is simply for everyone! All that we ask is for you to be above the age of 16. This is due to some of the content being quite sensitive and can be upsetting to some. We want to ensure that we create a safe and suitable learning environment for all our attendees.
We can offer this course at a subsidised rate of only £50 per person (Normal price is usually £75 per person).