Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid Lite - Livewell Southwest
Thu 13 July 2017, 09:30 – 13:30 BST
This course is an introductory mental health awareness course that enables participants to gain a wider understanding of some of the issues surrounding mental health & how to work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence based intervention that can be delivered in a wide variety of settings, where first aid is given to an individual experiencing distress until appropriate help and treatment is received or the crisis resolves.
MHFA Training Outcomes
By the end of the training, participants will:
• Be able to identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
• Be able to define mental health and some mental health problems
• Feel more confident in relating to people’s experiences
• Begin to develop an understanding for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
• Be able to look after their own mental health
• Understand and use ALGEE – a unique memory tool for conducting Mental Health First Aid
• Be awarded an MHFA England certificate of attendance
• Practice as a Mental Health First Aider
• Support the Workplace wellbeing Charter Requirements
By attending you will receive a nationally recognised certificate of attendance and be able to call yourself a "Mental Health First Aider"
Who can attend?
• Individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education
• Anyone aged 16 or over
• Anyone living or working in or around the Plymouth area
How much does MHFA Lite Cost?
• MHFA training is subsidised and is £25 per person (MHFA recommend their courses to be £75 per person).
• 40% Discount for anyone who works for an organisation that is registered for the Workplace Wellbeing Charter CODE: WWC40
• 40% Discount if you ahve been trained as a wellbeing Champions through Livewell Southwest CODE: CHAMP40
• Free to all Livewell Southwest staff and Livewell Southwest volunteers. CODE: STAFF100
We can arrange for payment via invoice.
We can also arrange bespoke courses for larger groups (12-20 people) which we can offer at a 25% discount per person.
Please contact Livewell.email@example.com to discuss bespoke course options
If the workshop is cancelled by Livewell Southwest, you will be offered a place on a course on an alternative date. If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
In the event of participant’s non-attendance or a cancellation within 14 working days before the beginning of the course, the payment is non-refundable subject to our discretion.
If you have any further queries or problems please contact us on 01752 437177 or email Livewell.firstname.lastname@example.org