Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid - Livewell Southwest
Tue, 13 Mar 2018, 09:30 – Wed, 14 Mar 2018, 17:00 GMT
This course is an intensive, interactive & practical training course which provides participants with information, tools & techniques to support individuals who might be experiencing mental or emotional distress.
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence based intervention that can be delivered in a wide variety of settings, where first aid is given to an individual experiencing distress until appropriate help and treatment is received or the crisis resolves.
MHFA Training Outcomes
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem and deal with a crisis situation or help prevent someone hurting themselves or others.
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone recover faster
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Help reduce the stigma of mental health problems
• Use ALGEE, a unique memory tool for conducting Mental Health First Aid
• Practice as an accredited Mental Health First Aider
By attending you will receive a nationally recognised certificate of attendance and be able to call yourself a "Mental Health First Aider"
Who can attend?
• Individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services & education
• Anyone aged 16 or over
• Anyone living or working in or around the Plymouth area
How much does MHFA Cost?
• MHFA training is subsidised and is £60 per person (MHFA recommend their courses to be £300 per person).
• 40% Discount for anyone who works for an organisation that is registered for the Workplace Wellbeing Charter CODE: WWC40
• 40% Discount if you have been trained as a Wellbeing Champion through Livewell Southwest CODE: CHAMP40
• Free to all Livewell Southwest staff and Livewell Southwest volunteers. CODE: STAFF100
We can arrange for payment via invoice.
We can also arrange bespoke courses for larger groups (12-20 people) which we can offer at a 25% discount per person.
Please contact Livewell.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss bespoke course options
If the workshop is cancelled by Livewell Southwest, you will be offered a place on a course on an alternative date. If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
In the event of participant’s non-attendance or a cancellation within 14 working days before the beginning of the course, the payment is non-refundable subject to our discretion.
If you have any further queries or problems please contact us on 01752 437177 or email Livewell.email@example.com