Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid (Youth); full 2 day course
Fri, 14 Oct 2016, 09:00 – Fri, 21 Oct 2016, 17:00 BST
Full two day course, qualifying participants to be Certified Mental Health First Aiders.
Day 1 - Friday 14th October; Day 2 - Friday 21st October
Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
In each section you'll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
The Youth MHFA course takes place over 2 full days ( in this case, two consequtive Fridays) at a cost of just £150 per person, thanks to support from the HealthcareOnDemand Benevolent Fund. (This represents a significant saving on the MHFA recommended fee for this programme of £300 per attendee)
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Jane will provide a very safe learning environment and is trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don't feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then don't, we won't ask you to do something you aren't comfortable with.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, including suicide, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and Jane can help if people find some topics particularly difficult.
For more information please email info@Healthcare OnDemand.org.uk or visit: www.HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk or www.mhfaengland.org