Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid - Youth
Thu, 29 Jun 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 16:00 BST
The two-day Youth Mental Health First Aid Course provides a comprehensive understanding young people’s mental health and wellbeing, with a strong practical focus on how to support young people experiencing mental distress.
We are pleased to offer Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training courses in association with the Mental Health First Aid England Licenced instructors from Pacesetter Wellbeing Ltd.
Youth Mental Health First Aid are educational courses which teach people how to identify, understand and help young people (8 - 18 years old) who may be developing mental health issues. In the same way as we would learn physical first aid, the Mental Health First Aid courses teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
The evidence-based courses have been developed by Mental Health First Aid England and include a high-quality resources for continued reference after the course.
Those working closely with young people on a day-to-day basis. These may include Pastoral leads, Family Support Workers, Safeguarding or Child Protection Officers, School Nurses.
You’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing mental ill health
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
The course fee is £250+VAT and includes refreshments