Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid Youth Training
Thu, 9 Mar 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 17:00 GMT
There are more than 800,000 children and young people in the UK who have been diagnosed with a mental health condition. This internationally recognised course is open to Birmingham Secondary Schools for anyone who teaches young people aged 8 to 18 year olds
BY the end of the two-day course participants will be able to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people;
- Feel confident helping a young person who might be at risk of harm;
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm;
- Guide a young person towards the manageable areas of learning which are;
- What is mental health?
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and psychosis
- Self-harm and eating disorders.
Within each section there is clear focus on the issues faced by young people today, including bullying/cyber bullying and substance misuse. The course also teaches the importance of promoting wellbeing and protective factors.
Because of the anticipated demand this course is ONLY open to Birmingham Secondary Schools, and only 1 delegate per school can be accepted.
The normal cost of this course is £300, but is being offered this time only for FREE. If the delegate does not attend the whole course the school must agree to pay the full course fee.