Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health in Sport Course
Thu 23 March 2017, 17:30 – 20:30 GMT
The Mental Health Awareness in Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) is a free 3-hour workshop designed to give you the practical tools to help you better support those with mental health problems to be more active.
This short course is aimed at anyone working within sport and physical activity – coaches, instructors, teachers and volunteers – who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health within the context of their work.
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and how stigma and discrimination impacts on people with mental health problems.
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people with mental health problems getting active.
- Talk confidently about mental health and know where to signpost people who need support.
- Identify practical actions for making your service more inclusive and accessible for everyone.
Please note we are expecting these courses to be very popular so please ensure that you are able to attend your chosen date. If circumstances change please let us know ASAP so that we can open up places.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Niall Judge at email@example.com or call 01452 393606