Recognising and managing mental health in the workplace is a crucial for employee wellbeing. The session will explore practical steps that can be taken, along with self-help strategies to help employees get the support they need.
This interactive course is aimed at employees in any sector and has a practical focus and application to work settings.
- to develop an understanding of what mental health is
- to look at the effect of stress on our mental health
- to recognise signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions and the impact at work
- to explore what works in terms of treatment and support, including self-help materials
- to finish by reviewing how we can promote mental wellbeing at work
- Raising awareness of the impact of stress
- distress and mental ill health at work
- understanding effects of mental health conditions on work
- exploring strategies and tools that employees might find useful.