Actions and Detail Panel
Mentoring and Coaching Skills
Tue 6 December 2016, 10:30 – 16:00 GMT
A one-day session to build mentoring and coaching capacity in the museums sector in the South West of England region, to support the Museum Accreditation scheme to provide skills development. It will also introduce a simple group work method based on Action Learning. It’s open to anyone who is currently mentoring museums in the South West of England region for the Museum Accreditation scheme or planning to do so.
The session will help you develop the skills and confidence to:
- Develop positive mentoring relationships
- Ensure clarity of expectations with your clients
- Use simple mentoring models to guide your practice
- Use key skills, such as listening, questioning and feedback to be an effective mentor
- Tune in to the emotional undercurrents of your mentoring sessions
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills in your own role back at work
- Work within the appropriate boundaries of your role as a mentor
It will also introduce a simple group work method based on Action Learning.
This one-day facilitated session is preceded by a small amount of online preparation work.
Facilitator: Lucy Marder
Lucy is the Cultural Partnerships Officer for the South East Museum Development Programme. She is an organisational development practitioner with a history of working in the museums and galleries sector. Lucy’s varied career has given her the opportunity to help organisations of all shapes and sizes to achieve their potential and contribute to their communities - large and small, public, private and voluntary. She holds the Institute of Leadership and Management’s Level 7 Diploma in Leadership Mentoring and Executive Coaching. Lucy has mentored in the AMA scheme, for Arts in Business and for Social Ventures Australia and is a former Board member of the West Midlands Coaching and Mentoring Pool.