This course is for you if you are:
- Relatively new to the payments industry and want to gain a basic understanding of the merchant acquiring landscape in Europe
- An existing payments professional who would like to further your understanding of merchant acquiring to complement your current payments knowledge.
- This half day course aims to provide both a clear and concise introduction to the basics in merchant acquiring, as well as substantial insights into the key disciplines involved in merchant acquiring.
- The payments ecosystem is growing increasingly complex in respect of business models, number of actors and regulations – this course will give you an overview to help you understand the key issues and business drivers in merchant acquiring.
- 4-party model acquiring
- Basic economic model for merchant acquiring
- Alternative payments (non-card based)
- Different types of acquirers
- Is a merchant and merchant?
- Payment system rules
- Cross-border vs domestic merchant acquiring
- Underwriting risk exposures – financial; AML; regulatory and reputational
- Chargebacks and Fraud
- High risk merchant verticals
- Regulations affecting merchant acquiring – present and on the horizon