San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The day will give schools the opportunity to find out about new developments in using ICT to support learning, teaching and school management and will assist schools in shaping a vision for their future thinking. The conference will be suitable for Heads, Business Managers and ICT Co-ordinators. The conference is free to schools who have a current service contract with MGL and £25 per delegate for schools who do not have a service contract.
Seminars and workshops will cover a range of topics affecting schools now and in the coming years with the agenda for the day as follows:
• ‘Are we there yet?’ – Keynote speaker Miles Berry – Former Chair of Naace Board and Senior Education Lecturer at Roehampton College on how Primary Schools are meeting the challenge of the new Computing Curriculum
• ‘What do THEY want?’ - David Brown, ICT Advisor to Ofsted on what they expect from schools embracing the new programme of study
• ‘Get with the Programme?’ - A representative from Computing At School (CAS) talking about the opportunities of developing Programming in your school as well as the challenges
There will also be a series of practical workshops looking at:
• Programming for Primary Schools – reviewing hardware, apps and on-line resources and identifying opportunities for progression
• ‘The 21st Century Classroom
• Managing Handheld Learning - from saving work to deploying apps across multiple devices
• Latest hardware and software – A range of exhibitors will be presenting the latest technology & software relevant to schools including Windows 8 tablets
A full agenda will be sent out to delegates prior to the event.
Lunch will be provided - please inform us via emai if you have any specific dietary requirements.
When & Where
MGL are a solutions based company focussed entirely upon the needs of the education arena. Trading since 2000, the organisation marries leading thinking and innovation from the ICT industry to engender creativity in the classroom, impacting upon school standards and maximising school improvement. From its headquarters in the North West, MGL works with over 700 schools to develop this agenda and has developed an empathy and understanding of the specific requirements of schools as they move from 20th Century establishments to 21st Century environments with the learner at the centre.
Though the company’s team of over 70 full time employees, MGL provide a holistic approach to schools consisting of; consultancy, training, in class support, technical support, installation, hardware provision and web design. This consultancy team of over 30 full time teachers and headteachers provides in school training and consultancy focussed upon the transfer and upskilling of teachers whilst also providing support for senior managers within the school in terms of development planning and formation of strategy.