Mexico: Advanced Engineering Opportunities
Mexico is the 15th largest economy in the world and a major global manufacturing base providing 60% of all Latin American manufacturing exports. UK-made goods will have zero or low import tariffs under the EU-Mexico Free Trade Agreement and the UK-Mexico Double Taxation Agreement can also benefit exporters of goods and services. Join this visit to explore export opportunities in Mexico’s booming industry, research the market, meet with potential customers and develop relationships for long term growth and success. ______________________________________________________________________
• Mexico is a dynamic economy & analysts predict it will be the world´s seventh-largest by 2050.
• Mexico is beginning to beat China as a manufacturing base for many companies.
• It offers UK businesses well-established & integrated supply-chains, an increasingly skilled workforce, & free trade agreements with 44 countries, including the USA.
• It is a top 5 global producer in autoparts, domestic appliances, electronic products and food and drink. Mexico is the world 7th largest vehicle producer and the fastest growing country for aerospace manufacturing.
• UK Exports to Mexico are projected to increase to over £5.5bn by 2030
Opportunities lie in construction, manufacturing, transportation, telecoms, pharmaceutical, food and drink, retail & automotive sectors. There are high value opportunities for machine tooling, manufacturing equipment, industrial equipment, measurement and testing equipment and general laboratory technologies as these are all imported into Mexico.