Actions and Detail Panel
MHFA - Mental Health First Aid - 2 Day Course
Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 09:30 – Wed, 13 Sep 2017, 16:30 BST
This two day Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course teaches you strategies and techniques to help support someone experiencing a mental health problem before professional help is sought. MHFA won't teach you how to be a therapist, but once you’ve completed the two-day course you will be able to say you're a Mental Health First Aider.
Course Overview: Our Mental Health First Aid Standard (MHFA Standard) is an internationally recognised course that teaches you how to help people in a crisis or who are experiencing a mental health difficulty. During the course, you'll learn how to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident about helping someone who is experiencing a mental health problem • Provide help on a first aid basis
• Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone to recover more quickly
• Guide someone towards the right support
Light refreshments provided. Lunch is not provided but there are plenty of shops and cafes nearby.
Trainer: Nicola Rich