Actions and Detail Panel
Microsoft Cloud Apps: PART 2 Hands-on Lab/Hack
Wed 26 April 2017, 13:00 – 17:00 BST
We're lucky enough to be joined by two Microsoft cloud app heavyweights, who wil be around for a full day at TechHub Swansea to talk to us about everything to do with cloud apps. The day will be split into two parts with a morning presentation, followed by an afternoon hack.
We'd love you to join us for either of the sessions or both, if you're joining both, be sure to sign up for PART 1 and PART 2.
Full agenda and details below, inlcuding bio's of the speakers.
Refreshments will be provided.
Part 2 – of our Microsoft Cloud App Event: Hands-on Lab component
13h00 – 17h00
- This solution brings together Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and Serverless components on Microsoft Azure to build a realistic end to end scenario to provide a personalised service to customers. Furthermore, the democratization of AI is tied in by incorporating Cognitive Services to perform language detection and dynamic translation.
Things you need to know or have set-up prior to the event:
- A cognitive services trial account key, get it here - https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/sign-up
- A Gmail account for sending emails, get it here - https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2Fe-11-14a952576b5f2ffe90ec0dd9823744e0-46a962fbb7947b68059374ddde7f29b5490a6b4d
- Install Postman for REST API troubleshooting, get it here - https://www.getpostman.com
- If using Windows 10 get Bash for Windows - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/install_guide or putty if on an older version - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
- A github account, sign up here - https://github.com/join?source=header-home
Shane Peckham is part of the Global Black Belt team specializing in the development of modern, scalable and distributed applications in the cloud.
Olivier Subramanian is a Cloud Strategic Advisor specialising in advising customers getting the best business and technical value from Microsoft’s Public Cloud, Azure.
Hope to see you there!