This course is designed to cover all the features and aspects of Microsoft Project Professional and Project Online from a Project Manager's perspective. Knowledge of Office 365 would be an advantage but is not essential. Attendees will have access to Microsoft Project Professional and Project Online during the training, although delegates are welcome to bring thier own device with Microsoft Project Professional already installed.
Who Should Attend
Users who would be responsible for managing, maintaining and executing Projects and acting in the capacity of a Programme or Project Manager. This course is tailored to Programme and Project Managers in the Financial Services industry. Anecdotal evidence of how other organisations in this industry sector have adopted the solution will be discussed. Example project plans of new product planning (insurance, mortgage, loans, etc) and financial services technology projects (FinTech, Bitcoin, etc), as well as internal projects for IT, HR, etc will be discussed amongst others. Use of KPI's to show progress and automated alerts show how managers can become aware of issues in real-time and take corrective action.
This course is designed for those who will use Microsoft Project Professional with Project Online as a tool to assist them in managing projects and programmes. The topics in this course cover the core skills necessary to create and modify a project plan with tasks containing task relationships, constraints and deadlines. You will also learn how to create and assign resources, baseline and update the schedule, as well as how to connect to and use Project Online (Project Web App).
Getting Started with Project:
- The Project Professional & PWA interface - Setting Online Accounts
- Working with views
- Creating projects & using templates
- Changing project information
- Project attributes
- Setting the project calendar
- Automates vs. Manual scheduling
- Outlining tasks & WBS
- Editing task details
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with summary tasks and the project summary task.
- Saving a project plan.
- Working (draft) vs Published)
Creating a Detailed Project Schedule:
- Opening projects
- Understanding task types
- Setting task dependencies
- Understanding Critical Path
- Using constraints and deadlines
- Using filtering and grouping
- Using the Task Inspector
- Setting and understanding baselines
- Understanding resource types
- Building the Team
- Using the Enterprise Resource Pool and assigning resources
- Working with material & cost resources
- Viewing resource assignments
- Viewing resource workloads and capacity.
- Resource Costs
Updating a Project:
- Understanding the impact of updates & the Approval Cycle
- Viewing tasks and updating progress
- Replacing Assignments
- Inactivating a Task
Reporting in Microsoft Project:
- Create a New Report
- Creating Dashboards
- Printing a Project or Report
Project Web App:
- Project Center & project drilldown
- Resource Center
- Tasks List
- Status Reports
- Views, grouping and filtering
- Collaboration in the Project Site
- Issues, Risks and Documents
- Tracking changes
- Version control on documents
- Elevated permissions
- Publishing project plans
- Editing in the browser vs client.
• Highly experienced trainers with‘real-world’ experience
• Access to online ‘how-to’ videos
• Comprehensive course materials (electronically provided)
• 30 days free support post-training
• Dedicated site within PWA for hosting materials and exercises.
• Exclusive Whitepapers, articles and information.
• Course certificate on completion of training for all delegates.
• Hand-on experience with graduated exercises to ensure maximum learning impact.
Save This Event
When & Where
Technology Associates is one of the leading IT solutions companies specialising in Microsoft Project, Project Server, Project Online and the Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management Solution (otherwise known as the Microsoft Office 365 PPM Solution). Since 1990, Technology Associates have provided advice, deployment, consultancy, development and training services on these solutions to more than 900 organisations including some of the world's leading companies.
Technology Associates have deployed hundreds of Project Server and Project Online solutions and deployed more than 2,000 Microsoft Project based solutions. Now focusing on the Microsoft cloud based options available to customers, our portfolio covers Office 365 PPM, SharePoint Online, Project Online, Azure (for dedicated or hybrid scenarios), as well as of course Office 365 itself and all associated products. In addition, we provide low cost custom development, including web apps and integration scenarios.
The company holds several Microsoft Gold Competencies in Project & Portfolio Management, Midmarket, Application Integration and Application Development, along with several other silver competencies and has been a Microsoft Partner since 1992. With such a strong technical tour-de-force we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality services and solutions, and providing exceptional value for money. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with overseas offices in New York, San Francisco, and India, and a strategic partner network covering AsiaPac, Middle East and ROW, we work internationally in delivering IT solutions to our customer base in over 39 countries, although our primary customer base remains in the United Kingdom.
Find out more at www.techassoc.com
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/TechAssoc
Follow us on Facebook :-
E-mail : email@example.com
Tel : +44 (0) 1789 292150