This one-day course is intended for individuals who want to gain basic knowledge of working with Word. Attendees will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft Office Word 2010.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will have the necessary skills to:
- Create a basic Word document.
- Edit a document.
- Format text.
- Format paragraphs.
- Insert a table.
- Insert special characters and graphical objects.
- Control the page setup and appearance of a Word document.
- Proofread documents for accuracy.
- Getting started: What is Microsoft Word?: Navigating the Screen: Microsoft Help;
- The Basics: Basic document creation: Editing & navigation: Saving, opening and closing documents
- Proofing documents and moving text: Proofing tools: Thesaurus & word count: Moving & copying text
- Printing and formatting: Printing documents: Formatting text: The format painter
First-rate Microsoft training, at typically less than 60% of the market cost.
Civicos Training and Communications has teamed up with Indicia Training to help deliver our Applications training. Glasgow-based Indicia Training is one of the leaders in training Scottish business. All their Applications instructors are Microsoft Certified Trainers, and the company has been passed through the Microsoft Quality Assessment Programme. Our partnership with Indicia means that you get:
- Industry-leading training at typically less than 60% of the cost being paid by High-Street companies
- Access to a FREE email and telephone helpline for a full year after your training
Do I have to book using Eventbrite?
No. You can simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organisation, billing address and a note of any access issues. We will issue an invoice in advance of your attendance.
What refreshments are served at the training?
Two free rounds of tea, coffee and biscuits are served on arrival and at mid-morning. There is also a sandwich and soup lunch served as part of the ticket cost.
Is there disabled access?
The venue is fully accessible. Please let us know in advance of any access requirements.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please refer to this Get Into Govan website page: http://www.getintogovan.com/visit/
What can/can't I bring to the event?
No need to bring equipment or laptop unless we specifically ask in the training descriptor. Pen and paper may be handy for notes.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you want to transfer to another training course, please contact us with five or more days’ notice at email@example.com
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Civicos Training requires five working days' notice of cancellation. We will always attempt to place you on a later version of the same course, or transfer your booking to another course at no extra cost. However, if you cancel with less than the required notice, we do resrve the right to charge for the full cost of the course